Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mini-Review of "100 Things Red Sox Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die" by Nick Cafardo


It is no secret that I am a huge fan of the Boston Red Sox, and that I read voraciously about them (and about many other topics, as well!) So, Christmas and birthdays often bring gifts of Red Sox-related books. This holiday season was no exception. I was pleased to receive Nick Cafardo's recent book highlighting the 100 top things a Red Sox fan should experience and know about the team.

For me, reading Cafardo's literary confection was a quick and amusing walk down memory lane, remembering the sights, sounds and smells of trips to Fenway in the past, and re-visiting the exploits of players from the past 100 years of Red Sox history.

For the casual fan, this book will provide some new information and interesting insights. For the more ardent fans among Red Sox Nation, the book will serve as a handy guidebook through the museum of personal memories.

I enjoyed the book in part because it helped me to reheat and taste again some of the sweet and sour moments that the Red Sox have dished out in my lifetime of following this wondrous team and franchise.

Enjoy.

Al

No comments: